Re: [coldwarcomms]Autovon?

  • blitz
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2005
      Roger that....thanks. Know the place well. Had a microwave site there.

      At 00:12 8/1/2005, you wrote:

      >It only shows Tully for NY.
      >
      >In a message dated 7/31/2005 2:11:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      >blitz@... writes:
      >
      >Does it have a complete list for NY?
      >
      >At 05:54 7/31/2005, you wrote:
      > >
      > >My 'NORAD/ADC/SAGE/BUIC SWITCHED NETWORK ON AUTOVON' training manual
      > >(recovered from a former Air Force Station's Ops Blockhouse Telco Frame
      > >room) has an
      > >AT&T map of CONUS AUTOVON Switching Centers dated March, 1971 showing
      > three
      > >AV switches in Texas: Sweetwater, Seguin, and Ennis.
      > >

      > > Tim

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • David Stuart
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2005
        What company does tower work for AT&T to keep their old and active
        structures legal?

        I will be out of a job and would love to help keep the old ladies standing,
        functional, and proper.

        Thanks!
      • rgates8254@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 2005
          Tim,
          What do you have listed for Idaho, Wyoming, Utah and Montana?

          Thanks,
          Robert

          At 00:12 8/1/2005, you wrote:

          >It only shows Tully for NY.
          >
          >In a message dated 7/31/2005 2:11:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
          >blitz@... writes:
          >
          >Does it have a complete list for NY?
          >
          >At 05:54 7/31/2005, you wrote:
          > >
          > >My 'NORAD/ADC/SAGE/BUIC SWITCHED NETWORK ON AUTOVON' training manual
          > >(recovered from a former Air Force Station's Ops Blockhouse Telco Frame
          > >room) has an
          > >AT&T map of CONUS AUTOVON Switching Centers dated March, 1971 showing
          > three
          > >AV switches in Texas: Sweetwater, Seguin, and Ennis.
          > >

          > > Tim

        • Blake Bowers
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 26 6:05 PM
            Ennis is off the market. It is going to be used for U-verse operations of
            some type.

            Don't take your organs to heaven,
            heaven knows we need them down here!