Re: [coldwarcomms] re: Ennis TX

  • Clay Gibbs
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2005
      It was being used as a NORTHSTAR GEP site as of a few years ago..I don't see
      any reason why they would have abandoned that use.
      Clay

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1 2:05 AM
        Roger that....thanks. Know the place well. Had a microwave site there.

        At 00:12 8/1/2005, you wrote:

        >It only shows Tully for NY.
        >
        >In a message dated 7/31/2005 2:11:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        >blitz@... writes:
        >
        >Does it have a complete list for NY?
        >
        >At 05:54 7/31/2005, you wrote:
        > >
        > >My 'NORAD/ADC/SAGE/BUIC SWITCHED NETWORK ON AUTOVON' training manual
        > >(recovered from a former Air Force Station's Ops Blockhouse Telco Frame
        > >room) has an
        > >AT&T map of CONUS AUTOVON Switching Centers dated March, 1971 showing
        > three
        > >AV switches in Texas: Sweetwater, Seguin, and Ennis.
        > >

        > > Tim

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • David Stuart
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1 2:50 PM
          What company does tower work for AT&T to keep their old and active
          structures legal?

          I will be out of a job and would love to help keep the old ladies standing,
          functional, and proper.

          Thanks!
        • rgates8254@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 1 10:04 PM
            Tim,
            What do you have listed for Idaho, Wyoming, Utah and Montana?

            Thanks,
            Robert

            At 00:12 8/1/2005, you wrote:

            >It only shows Tully for NY.
            >
            >In a message dated 7/31/2005 2:11:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
            >blitz@... writes:
            >
            >Does it have a complete list for NY?
            >
            >At 05:54 7/31/2005, you wrote:
            > >
            > >My 'NORAD/ADC/SAGE/BUIC SWITCHED NETWORK ON AUTOVON' training manual
            > >(recovered from a former Air Force Station's Ops Blockhouse Telco Frame
            > >room) has an
            > >AT&T map of CONUS AUTOVON Switching Centers dated March, 1971 showing
            > three
            > >AV switches in Texas: Sweetwater, Seguin, and Ennis.
            > >

            > > Tim

          • Blake Bowers
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 26, 2009
              Ennis is off the market. It is going to be used for U-verse operations of
              some type.

              Don't take your organs to heaven,
              heaven knows we need them down here!