Re: [coldwarcomms] Eastern Shore Microwave sites

  • Paul Zawada
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
      In re-reading my last email, I discovered my laptop's trackpad helped
      me mess up the last sentence of the second paragraph. It was supposed
      to read:

      "But in the case of microwave licenses, I doubt they would do this if
      a large percentage of the licenses were actually no longer in use as
      the chances of getting caught would be greater."

      Sorry about that.

      --zawada
    • David Lesher
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 13, 2005

        > > Was there ever TD2 further south on the Delmarva Penisula than
        > > Salisbury?

        > I believe the Wallops-Silver Beach was TL/TM.

        I see http://long-lines.net/places-routes/maps/VA1970.html mentions
        microwave; is TL/TM later technology than TD2?

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 14, 2005
          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David Lesher <wb8foz@n...> wrote:
          > Speaking on Deep Background, the Press Secretary whispered:
          > >
          > > > Was there ever TD2 further south on the Delmarva Penisula than
          > > > Salisbury?
          >
          > > I believe the Wallops-Silver Beach was TL/TM.
          >
          > I see http://long-lines.net/places-routes/maps/VA1970.html mentions
          > microwave; is TL/TM later technology than TD2?

          Yes, early '60's i think.