Re: Eastern Shore Microwave sites

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David Lesher <wb8foz@n...> wrote:

      > Just thinking....
      >
      > Was there ever TD2 further south on the Delmarva Penisula than
      > Salisbury?
      >
      > Besides being a alternate path down the East Coast; Wallops Island
      > has been there a LONG time. In the late 60's it had to be exploding
      > with data.
      >
      > And NASA-LaRC is just south, with Pax River to the west.>

      I believe the Wallops-Silver Beach was TL/TM.
    • Paul Zawada
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
        On 7/4/05, David Lesher <wb8foz@...> wrote:
        > Speaking on Deep Background, the Press Secretary whispered:
        > >

        > > American Tower Information and photos for their former AT&T sites in
        > > MD, Including Trappe, Federalsburg, and Arnold:
        > > http://www.badpixels.com/jm3000/sites/AT/MD.html
        >
        > Interesting that ATT has licenses for sites ATC shows as for sale;
        > and SBC [yes, it finally occurred to me why SBC was involved...]
        > is paying to transfer them...so are they keeping them or not...?

        I'm sure if AT&T still has a current lease agreement for the site, it
        would have to be assumed by the new owner should the tower be sold.

        As an intersting side note, when a licensee sumbits a transfer of
        control application to the FCC, they must certify that the license is
        still constructed and operational. If it is no longer constructed,
        the licensee is supposed to cancel the license before the transfer of
        control takes place. Are all of these licenses constructed? My guess
        is probably not.... It could be that the SBC legal team is submitting
        applications to cover everything rather than taking the risk of
        cancelling something that is still in use. But in the case of
        microwave licenses, I doubt they would do this is a large percentage
        of the licenses we actually no longer in use as the chances of getting
        caught would be greater.

        In digging around, I discovered that the FCC has set up a website for
        the SBC/AT&T transaction at
        http://www.fcc.gov/transaction/sbc-att.html .

        The FCC public notice (
        http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-05-656A1.pdf )
        for this transaction lists the AT&T transfer of control applications
        that include microwave (part 101) licenses. Here's the list of ULS
        application file numbers if you want to dig around more...

        00020524276 AT&T Corp. KAC58
        0002052535 Alascom, Inc. KBK7
        0002052424 AT&T of the Virgin Islands, Inc. WLK648
        0002052409 AT&T Communications of California, Inc. KMJ96
        0002052528 AT&T Communications of Illinois, Inc. KSF30
        0002052521 AT&T Communications of Maryland, Inc. WAD25
        0002052513 AT&T Communications of Michigan, Inc. KQI61
        0002052481 AT&T Communications of Pennsylvania, Inc. WCG308
        0002052471 AT&T Communications of the Midwest, Inc. KAS91
        0002052450 AT&T Communications of the Mountain States, Inc. KAN28
        0002052440 AT&T Communications of the Pacific Northwest, Inc. WHR380
        0002052418 AT&T Communications of the South Central States, Inc. KIV64
        0002052444 AT&T Communications of the Southern States, Inc. KIA47
        0002052419 AT&T Communications of the Southwest, Inc. KPP57
        0002052399 AT&T Communications of Virginia, Inc. KIA30
        0002052431 AT&T Communications of West Virginia, Inc. KXR62
        0002052438 AT&T Communications of Wisconsin, Inc. WHO319
        0002051267 Biztel, Inc. c/o AT&T Corp. WMT548

        --zawada
      • Paul Zawada
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
          In re-reading my last email, I discovered my laptop's trackpad helped
          me mess up the last sentence of the second paragraph. It was supposed
          to read:

          "But in the case of microwave licenses, I doubt they would do this if
          a large percentage of the licenses were actually no longer in use as
          the chances of getting caught would be greater."

          Sorry about that.

          --zawada
        • David Lesher
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 13, 2005

            > > Was there ever TD2 further south on the Delmarva Penisula than
            > > Salisbury?

            > I believe the Wallops-Silver Beach was TL/TM.

            I see http://long-lines.net/places-routes/maps/VA1970.html mentions
            microwave; is TL/TM later technology than TD2?

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 14, 2005
              --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David Lesher <wb8foz@n...> wrote:
              > Speaking on Deep Background, the Press Secretary whispered:
              > >
              > > > Was there ever TD2 further south on the Delmarva Penisula than
              > > > Salisbury?
              >
              > > I believe the Wallops-Silver Beach was TL/TM.
              >
              > I see http://long-lines.net/places-routes/maps/VA1970.html mentions
              > microwave; is TL/TM later technology than TD2?

              Yes, early '60's i think.