Re: [coldwarcomms] Eastern Shore Microwave sites

  • David Lesher
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005

      > Here's some information and photos I have on some of those sites:
      >
      > A map of the currently licensed route on the eastern shore:
      > http://www.badpixels.com/jm3000/sites/MDEasternShore.htm
      >
      > The Site's I've seen on this route seem to be setup with 2 horns plus
      > a diversity receive horn lower on the tower.
      >
      > Wye Mills site details and photos:
      > http://www.badpixels.com/jm3000/sites/WyeMills/index.html
      >
      > American Tower Information and photos for their former AT&T sites in
      > MD, Including Trappe, Federalsburg, and Arnold:
      > http://www.badpixels.com/jm3000/sites/AT/MD.html

      Great pages.

      You and Albert should set up links from his MD page to yours.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David Lesher <wb8foz@n...> wrote:

        > Just thinking....
        >
        > Was there ever TD2 further south on the Delmarva Penisula than
        > Salisbury?
        >
        > Besides being a alternate path down the East Coast; Wallops Island
        > has been there a LONG time. In the late 60's it had to be exploding
        > with data.
        >
        > And NASA-LaRC is just south, with Pax River to the west.>

        I believe the Wallops-Silver Beach was TL/TM.
      • Paul Zawada
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
          On 7/4/05, David Lesher <wb8foz@...> wrote:
          > Speaking on Deep Background, the Press Secretary whispered:
          > >

          > > American Tower Information and photos for their former AT&T sites in
          > > MD, Including Trappe, Federalsburg, and Arnold:
          > > http://www.badpixels.com/jm3000/sites/AT/MD.html
          >
          > Interesting that ATT has licenses for sites ATC shows as for sale;
          > and SBC [yes, it finally occurred to me why SBC was involved...]
          > is paying to transfer them...so are they keeping them or not...?

          I'm sure if AT&T still has a current lease agreement for the site, it
          would have to be assumed by the new owner should the tower be sold.

          As an intersting side note, when a licensee sumbits a transfer of
          control application to the FCC, they must certify that the license is
          still constructed and operational. If it is no longer constructed,
          the licensee is supposed to cancel the license before the transfer of
          control takes place. Are all of these licenses constructed? My guess
          is probably not.... It could be that the SBC legal team is submitting
          applications to cover everything rather than taking the risk of
          cancelling something that is still in use. But in the case of
          microwave licenses, I doubt they would do this is a large percentage
          of the licenses we actually no longer in use as the chances of getting
          caught would be greater.

          In digging around, I discovered that the FCC has set up a website for
          the SBC/AT&T transaction at
          http://www.fcc.gov/transaction/sbc-att.html .

          The FCC public notice (
          http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-05-656A1.pdf )
          for this transaction lists the AT&T transfer of control applications
          that include microwave (part 101) licenses. Here's the list of ULS
          application file numbers if you want to dig around more...

          00020524276 AT&T Corp. KAC58
          0002052535 Alascom, Inc. KBK7
          0002052424 AT&T of the Virgin Islands, Inc. WLK648
          0002052409 AT&T Communications of California, Inc. KMJ96
          0002052528 AT&T Communications of Illinois, Inc. KSF30
          0002052521 AT&T Communications of Maryland, Inc. WAD25
          0002052513 AT&T Communications of Michigan, Inc. KQI61
          0002052481 AT&T Communications of Pennsylvania, Inc. WCG308
          0002052471 AT&T Communications of the Midwest, Inc. KAS91
          0002052450 AT&T Communications of the Mountain States, Inc. KAN28
          0002052440 AT&T Communications of the Pacific Northwest, Inc. WHR380
          0002052418 AT&T Communications of the South Central States, Inc. KIV64
          0002052444 AT&T Communications of the Southern States, Inc. KIA47
          0002052419 AT&T Communications of the Southwest, Inc. KPP57
          0002052399 AT&T Communications of Virginia, Inc. KIA30
          0002052431 AT&T Communications of West Virginia, Inc. KXR62
          0002052438 AT&T Communications of Wisconsin, Inc. WHO319
          0002051267 Biztel, Inc. c/o AT&T Corp. WMT548

          --zawada
        • Paul Zawada
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
            In re-reading my last email, I discovered my laptop's trackpad helped
            me mess up the last sentence of the second paragraph. It was supposed
            to read:

            "But in the case of microwave licenses, I doubt they would do this if
            a large percentage of the licenses were actually no longer in use as
            the chances of getting caught would be greater."

            Sorry about that.

            --zawada
          • David Lesher
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 13, 2005

              > > Was there ever TD2 further south on the Delmarva Penisula than
              > > Salisbury?

              > I believe the Wallops-Silver Beach was TL/TM.

              I see http://long-lines.net/places-routes/maps/VA1970.html mentions
              microwave; is TL/TM later technology than TD2?

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 14, 2005
                --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David Lesher <wb8foz@n...> wrote:
                > Speaking on Deep Background, the Press Secretary whispered:
                > >
                > > > Was there ever TD2 further south on the Delmarva Penisula than
                > > > Salisbury?
                >
                > > I believe the Wallops-Silver Beach was TL/TM.
                >
                > I see http://long-lines.net/places-routes/maps/VA1970.html mentions
                > microwave; is TL/TM later technology than TD2?

                Yes, early '60's i think.