Re: [coldwarcomms] HF Antennas

  • paul rosa
    Message 1 of 20 , May 6, 2005
      At the risk of being crude, your definition of relative humidity is a
      bit vague. The actual definition of relative humidity, according to the
      West Virginia handbook, is when the sweat from your balls rolls down the
      crack of your sister-in-law's ass.

      Paul Rosa
      Harpers Ferry, WV

      Brent Davenport wrote:

      >I don't know...but I do know Reynold's Wrap is "oven-tempered" for flexible
      >strength--the boob tube told me so about 20 years ago.
      >
      > ...And all those discussions about microwave fading and humidity reminded
      >me of a joke: Know the definition of 'relative humidity?' That's when you
      >catch your wife in bed with your brother-in-law. I know...a little of
      >topic...thanks for humoring me anyway...it's late here.

    • Brent Davenport
      Message 2 of 20 , May 6, 2005
        Now, that's what I meant to say! Take care...Brent

        > At the risk of being crude, your definition of relative humidity is a
        > bit vague. The actual definition of relative humidity, according to the
        > West Virginia handbook, is when the sweat from your balls rolls down the
        > crack of your sister-in-law's ass.
        >
        > Paul Rosa
        > Harpers Ferry, WV
        >
        > Brent Davenport wrote:
        >
        > >I don't know...but I do know Reynold's Wrap is "oven-tempered" for
        > >flexible
        > >strength--the boob tube told me so about 20 years ago.
        > >
        > > ...And all those discussions about microwave fading and humidity
        > > reminded
        > >me of a joke: Know the definition of 'relative humidity?' That's when
        > >you
        > >catch your wife in bed with your brother-in-law. I know...a little of
        > >topic...thanks for humoring me anyway...it's late here.

      • blitz
        Message 3 of 20 , May 6, 2005
          ROTFLMAO!

          At 03:31 5/6/2005, you wrote:
          >At the risk of being crude, your definition of relative humidity is a
          >bit vague. The actual definition of relative humidity, according to the
          >West Virginia handbook, is when the sweat from your balls rolls down the
          >crack of your sister-in-law's ass.
          >
          >Paul Rosa
          >Harpers Ferry, WV
          >
          >Brent Davenport wrote:
          >
          > >I don't know...but I do know Reynold's Wrap is "oven-tempered" for flexible
          > >strength--the boob tube told me so about 20 years ago.
          > >
          > > ...And all those discussions about microwave fading and humidity reminded
          > >me of a joke: Know the definition of 'relative humidity?' That's when you
          > >catch your wife in bed with your brother-in-law. I know...a little of
          > >topic...thanks for humoring me anyway...it's late here.

        • Bob Vaughan
          Message 4 of 20 , May 6, 2005
            The previous comments on 'relative humidity' may be funny, but they are
            inappropriate for this forum. Lets keep it clean folks..

            Bob Vaughan | techie@... |
            | techie@{w6yx|tantivy}.stanford.edu | kc6sxc@...
            | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309
            -- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --
          • paul rosa
            Message 5 of 20 , May 6, 2005
              Bob:

              Not to worry. I think we're done with this one. But, as a West
              Virginian, I sort of felt entitled to exercise my poetic license to
              clarify the previous comment

              Paul Rosa
              Harpers Ferry, WV.

              Bob Vaughan wrote:

              >The previous comments on 'relative humidity' may be funny, but they are
              >inappropriate for this forum. Lets keep it clean folks..
              >

              > -- Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine --
              >Bob Vaughan | techie@... |
              > | techie@{w6yx|tantivy}.stanford.edu | kc6sxc@...
              > | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309
              >-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Brad Cobo
              Message 6 of 20 , May 6, 2005
                I figured that the antenna served some kind of calibration purpose. The
                correlation between larger sites, and lots of test equipment seems obvious
                now.

                The story about the VHF antenna for the utility overload warning is
                fascinating. It's the little anecdotal stories like this that give the old
                AT&T Co. such a unique personality...

                Speaking of that, "Did you ever hear the one about the supervisor who caught
                an employee not wearing the prescribed safety glasses, and proceeded to whip
                out this glass eyeball..?" I think someone on the list here brought that up
                a while back.

                Brad Cobo