Re: [coldwarcomms] HF Antennas

  • Brent Davenport
    Message 1 of 20 , May 5, 2005
      I don't know...but I do know Reynold's Wrap is "oven-tempered" for flexible
      strength--the boob tube told me so about 20 years ago.

      ...And all those discussions about microwave fading and humidity reminded
      me of a joke: Know the definition of 'relative humidity?' That's when you
      catch your wife in bed with your brother-in-law. I know...a little of
      topic...thanks for humoring me anyway...it's late here.

      Message 2 of 20 , May 6, 2005
        At the risk of being crude, your definition of relative humidity is a
        bit vague. The actual definition of relative humidity, according to the
        West Virginia handbook, is when the sweat from your balls rolls down the
        crack of your sister-in-law's ass.

        Paul Rosa
        Harpers Ferry, WV

        Brent Davenport wrote:

        >I don't know...but I do know Reynold's Wrap is "oven-tempered" for flexible
        >strength--the boob tube told me so about 20 years ago.
        >
        > ...And all those discussions about microwave fading and humidity reminded
        >me of a joke: Know the definition of 'relative humidity?' That's when you
        >catch your wife in bed with your brother-in-law. I know...a little of
        >topic...thanks for humoring me anyway...it's late here.

      • Brent Davenport
        Message 3 of 20 , May 6, 2005
          Now, that's what I meant to say! Take care...Brent

          > At the risk of being crude, your definition of relative humidity is a
          > bit vague. The actual definition of relative humidity, according to the
          > West Virginia handbook, is when the sweat from your balls rolls down the
          > crack of your sister-in-law's ass.
          >
          > Paul Rosa
          > Harpers Ferry, WV
          >
          > Brent Davenport wrote:
          >
          > >I don't know...but I do know Reynold's Wrap is "oven-tempered" for
          > >flexible
          > >strength--the boob tube told me so about 20 years ago.
          > >
          > > ...And all those discussions about microwave fading and humidity
          > > reminded
          > >me of a joke: Know the definition of 'relative humidity?' That's when
          > >you
          > >catch your wife in bed with your brother-in-law. I know...a little of
          > >topic...thanks for humoring me anyway...it's late here.

        • blitz
          Message 4 of 20 , May 6, 2005
            ROTFLMAO!

            At 03:31 5/6/2005, you wrote:
            >At the risk of being crude, your definition of relative humidity is a
            >bit vague. The actual definition of relative humidity, according to the
            >West Virginia handbook, is when the sweat from your balls rolls down the
            >crack of your sister-in-law's ass.
            >
            >Paul Rosa
            >Harpers Ferry, WV
            >
            >Brent Davenport wrote:
            >
            > >I don't know...but I do know Reynold's Wrap is "oven-tempered" for flexible
            > >strength--the boob tube told me so about 20 years ago.
            > >
            > > ...And all those discussions about microwave fading and humidity reminded
            > >me of a joke: Know the definition of 'relative humidity?' That's when you
            > >catch your wife in bed with your brother-in-law. I know...a little of
            > >topic...thanks for humoring me anyway...it's late here.

          • Bob Vaughan
            Message 5 of 20 , May 6, 2005
              The previous comments on 'relative humidity' may be funny, but they are
              inappropriate for this forum. Lets keep it clean folks..

              Bob Vaughan | techie@... |
              | techie@{w6yx|tantivy}.stanford.edu | kc6sxc@...
              | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309
              -- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --
            • paul rosa
              Message 6 of 20 , May 6, 2005
                Bob:

                Not to worry. I think we're done with this one. But, as a West
                Virginian, I sort of felt entitled to exercise my poetic license to
                clarify the previous comment

                Paul Rosa
                Harpers Ferry, WV.

                Bob Vaughan wrote:

                >The previous comments on 'relative humidity' may be funny, but they are
                >inappropriate for this forum. Lets keep it clean folks..
                >

                > -- Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine --
                >Bob Vaughan | techie@... |
                > | techie@{w6yx|tantivy}.stanford.edu | kc6sxc@...
                > | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309
                >-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Brad Cobo
                Message 7 of 20 , May 6, 2005
                  I figured that the antenna served some kind of calibration purpose. The
                  correlation between larger sites, and lots of test equipment seems obvious
                  now.

                  The story about the VHF antenna for the utility overload warning is
                  fascinating. It's the little anecdotal stories like this that give the old
                  AT&T Co. such a unique personality...

                  Speaking of that, "Did you ever hear the one about the supervisor who caught
                  an employee not wearing the prescribed safety glasses, and proceeded to whip
                  out this glass eyeball..?" I think someone on the list here brought that up
                  a while back.

                  Brad Cobo