Re: [coldwarcomms] any insights? no pun intended

  • Mike Jacobs
    Message 1 of 43 , May 8, 2000
      Fox is a news channel? I thought it was just ultra-right-wing
      republican propaganda.

      Every administration has its share of spy scandals, even that of the
      great Ronald Reagan, so to somehow think that this problem is
      unique to the current administration is not correct. The real
      problem is inherent in our style of government where the political
      leadership turns over regularly and is run by civilians and not the
      military. I happen to think that this makes our form of government
      and way of life MUCH more secure than if this was a military
      dictatorship where "security" was always watertight. Face it, we
      are an open society and our adversaries can take advantage of
      it...but the benefits of this far outweigh the risks. The fact that we
      are still here after 225 years sorta proves this. There have always
      been enemies of democracy, the threat is no greater today than it
      has been in the past, both nations abroad trying to spy on us, and
      those at home who seem to forget that our nation's real strength is
      our people and political and economic system and freedoms, not
      our military or our ability to wage espionage and counter-espionage
      or to keep secrets.

      Mike Jacobs, N3YAV
    • Craig Scott
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 5, 2009
        Yeah,  "Whistler"   modeled after Joe Engrassia....one of the original "Phone Phreaks"...and blind