Bend, OR COG PEF

  • Al Grobmeier
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
      Can anyone report on the present status of the former COG PEF located off
      Dodds Road in Bend,
      Oregon and of the companion site at Redmnd Airport? Are both of these sites
      still operated by the Oregon
      National Guard? Are there any photos of these sites available for scanning?
      How many underground
      floors are in the Bend building and are they just closed off or have they
      been filled in?
      (I have the page from "The Source" of July 1998 regarding these facilities.)
    • Rob Walker
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
        Hi Al,

        I used to live in Bend, and couldn't find ANYTHING about this site. None of the locals knew or would talk about it. Also, The Source wasn't able to provide me a copy of the artice, as they don't archive that type of material.

        If you do find anything, I'd be very interested in seeing photos.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
          In a message dated 4/1/2005 7:15:13 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          algrobmeier@... writes:

          Can anyone report on the present status of the former COG PEF located off
          Dodds Road in Bend,
          Oregon and of the companion site at Redmnd Airport? Are both of these sites
          still operated by the Oregon
          National Guard? Are there any photos of these sites available for scanning?
          How many underground
          floors are in the Bend building and are they just closed off or have they
          been filled in?
          (I have the page from "The Source" of July 1998 regarding these facilities.)

          I'm not sure it was a formal Presidential Emergency Facility, though
          certainly it was a COG site with an active day to day mission as well.

          Anyway, yes, as of a month ago, the property off Dodd Rd was still the
          Central Oregon Training & Education Facility, an ORNG site operated for
          'troubled youth' with the cooperation of the Oregon Youth Authority.

          As of several years ago, a large warehouse on the grounds which was part
          of the COG site's Night Vision Device training site cover was in use by the US
          Forest Service.

          I think the article in _The Source_ just mentions that the bunker was
          "sealed up."

          Tim

        • Michael G. Cancellier
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
            Anyone have Lat/Long for this place? I'd like to check out the
            Terraserver imagery.

            Thanks,

            Mike
            Mike Cancellier