Re: [coldwarcomms] FAA on former WU Sites, former ATT sites.

  • Daryl Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 6:41 PM
      James:

      Welcome!

      I realize you could walk a fine line here with ATC; I'm mostly
      interested
      in when your company is expecting to acquire the remaining AT&T towers;
      (I haven't gotten to all the ones around here to photograph them
      yet....)
      also, I notice that some of the sites may have done double duty as
      fiberoptic repeaters. On those sites, would you expect the building to
      go with the tower sale? Obviously, your company is mostly interested in
      the towers themselves, although certainly the buildings are useful for
      the supporting electronics.

      Oddly enough, around here, I've noticed that ATC has erected new towers
      close to existing AT&T Microwave sites, some of which have higher
      ground.
      One of those is at Meadow, Utah. A new tower exists at the west side of
      the freeway, and was erected in the last few months; an AT&T MW site
      exists on the east side of the freeway, not a mile away; I suspect
      the site hasn't sold yet. A similar
      situation exists at Levan, Utah. Made me think that the company wasn't
      serious about using the towers. In both cases, the AT&T MW site is
      higher
      in elevation and has better line-of-sight than the new towers. Since I
      suspect the new towers are probably PCS, does a mile or so make that
      much
      difference in the signal strength?