new microwave tower shots

  • Daryl Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2000
      Over the weekend, I tracked down some additional Long Lines MW towers
      in this (Utah and Nevada) area, and took a few pictures. Additionally, I
      spent a few hours
      following a road that seems to follow a major telecommunications route.
      WillTel, Worldcom, AT&T all have fiber buried here; AT&T SLC to
      Los Angeles MW passed through here, as did their Denver to Oakland lower
      route. FAA's towers basically follow this route,
      as well as who knows how many other groups.

      As I passed, I noticed five crews laying a new fiber line to the
      side of the Union Pacific railroad.

      If you're interested, you can find the towers referenced from the URL:
      http://www.stillyoung.com/towers.html.

      I have a few others to check out over the next couple of months; most of
      these
      towers are in the middle of nowhere, and so will be insulated from
      American
      Tower's conversion efforts for a while. Others are in prime space, so I
      will
      try and visit those towers first. At any rate, if you're a tower junkie,
      take a look.

      Daryl Gibson