Re: Richmond/Newpoint

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 3, 2005
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David Krugler <kruglerd@u...> wrote:
      > The question was asked:
      >
      > "Anyone know what the High Point-EOB CCTV route was?..I'm thinking
      the AT&T TD2 was'nt in place until 1956(I'm trying to verify this);if so,
      > it must have been either on an AT&T temporary MW feed or gov't MW
      > unless it was slow scan, & then probably on "N" carrier; and the
      > audio must have also been on an "N" carrier channel via various
      > points to Harrisburg."
      >
      > For what it's worth, I have a memorandum dated 20 May 1955 from the
      Signal Corps listing all the comms facilities being used during OPAL 55:
      > "-Toll telephone switchboards - 90 trunks, 200 locals
      > -TWX facilities - 12 lines
      > -Terminal tributary - 10 lines
      > - Tape relay center - 38 lines
      > - 51 pair cable connecting with Telephone Co. facilities
      > - 4 microwave systems
      > - Closed loop television microwave - 2."
      >
      > I also have a diagram of various comm. links between High Point and
      various installations. Unfortunately the photocopy I have is too light
      to make out the line to the White House.

      > David Krugler

      A rare document indeed..any chance of it being scanned & posted here
      or on the website of a member(s)...also i assume no ownership is shown
      on the microwave & TV systems?
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 3, 2005
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 4, 2005
          In re: the diagram of various communications links from High Point circa 1955, I can certainly scan it . . . any volunteers for posting on their website?

          David Krugler
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 4, 2005
            > In re: the diagram of various communications links from High Point circa
            1955, I can certainly scan it . . . any volunteers for posting on their
            website?

            > David Krugler

            Sure, I can add it to my Mt. Weather page (such as it is):
            http://coldwar-c4i.net/mt_weather/index.html