RE: [coldwarcomms] Hard Hat Tour at the Titan Missile Museum in AZ

  • Jim Burks
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
      Paul,

      Thought I'd take this off-list, as it's probably not of general interest,
      unless others are going to southern AZ soon.

      The boneyard at Davis Monthan is (or was in 1995) adjacent to the Pima Air
      Museum. Both are a 'must see', as is the Titan Missile Museum.

      Other places I'd recommend, if you're still filling out your agenda:

      Bisbee, AZ and the Copper Queen Hotel

      http://www.copperqueen.com/

      Very authentic. The bar has a lot of 'atmosphere' - both locals and
      tourists. The rooms are original.

      There's also a copper mine in the area that has tours - even a little
      railcar to ride in, so it's not hard at all.

      http://www.amdest.com/az/bisbee/queenmine.html

      Fort Huachuca

      Sierra Vista

      http://huachuca-www.army.mil/HISTORY/museum.htm

      Major army intel post.

      Have a great time in AZ - and thanks for your informative posts on
      coldwarcomms.

      Jim Burks

      Collierville, TN

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
        Jim:

        Thanks for your tips. I'll pass them on to my lady friend for her
        consideration.

        Paul Rosa