Re: [coldwarcomms] Hard Hat Tour at the Titan Missile Museum in AZ

  • Agent Geiger
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      Come to Denver, and we can go visit a Titan I.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jim Burks
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
        Brad Cobo wrote:
        >I thought I'd let the group know about an upcoming event worth noting. The
        > following is from an email I received today:

        While I have not been on the 'behind the scenes' tour, I have visited the
        Titan Missile Museum, and it is an excellent introduction to the Cold War
        and strategic missile operations.

        It's also a GREAT time to go to southern Arizona - while it's cold and
        icy up here, it's nice, warm and sunny there.

        Also in the neighborhood is the Pima Air Museum (airplane graveyard at
        Davis-Monthan AFB) http://www.pimaair.org/.

        Both are on the south side of Tucson.

        Jim Burks
      • paul rosa
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
          Jim:

          Thanks. The Pima Air Museum already is on our list of things to do.
          We're also booked for their tour of the airplance graveyard at Davis
          Monthan AFB, and the Kitt Peak National Observatory.

          Paul Rosa
          Harpers Ferry, WV

          Jim Burks wrote:

          >Brad Cobo wrote:
          >

          >>I thought I'd let the group know about an upcoming event worth noting. The
          >>following is from an email I received today:
          >>

          >While I have not been on the 'behind the scenes' tour, I have visited the
          >Titan Missile Museum, and it is an excellent introduction to the Cold War
          >and strategic missile operations.
          >
          >It's also a GREAT time to go to southern Arizona - while it's cold and
          >icy up here, it's nice, warm and sunny there.
          >
          >Also in the neighborhood is the Pima Air Museum (airplane graveyard at
          >Davis-Monthan AFB) http://www.pimaair.org/.
          >
          >Both are on the south side of Tucson.
          >
          >Jim Burks
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jim Burks
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
            Paul,

            Thought I'd take this off-list, as it's probably not of general interest,
            unless others are going to southern AZ soon.

            The boneyard at Davis Monthan is (or was in 1995) adjacent to the Pima Air
            Museum. Both are a 'must see', as is the Titan Missile Museum.

            Other places I'd recommend, if you're still filling out your agenda:

            Bisbee, AZ and the Copper Queen Hotel

            http://www.copperqueen.com/

            Very authentic. The bar has a lot of 'atmosphere' - both locals and
            tourists. The rooms are original.

            There's also a copper mine in the area that has tours - even a little
            railcar to ride in, so it's not hard at all.

            http://www.amdest.com/az/bisbee/queenmine.html

            Fort Huachuca

            Sierra Vista

            http://huachuca-www.army.mil/HISTORY/museum.htm

            Major army intel post.

            Have a great time in AZ - and thanks for your informative posts on
            coldwarcomms.

            Jim Burks

            Collierville, TN

            _____

            Jim Burks wrote:

            >Brad Cobo wrote:
            >

            >>I thought I'd let the group know about an upcoming event worth noting. The
            >>following is from an email I received today:
            >>

            >While I have not been on the 'behind the scenes' tour, I have visited the
            >Titan Missile Museum, and it is an excellent introduction to the Cold War
            >and strategic missile operations.
            >
            >It's also a GREAT time to go to southern Arizona - while it's cold and
            >icy up here, it's nice, warm and sunny there.
            >
            >Also in the neighborhood is the Pima Air Museum (airplane graveyard at
            >Davis-Monthan AFB) http://www.pimaair.org/. <http://www.pimaair.org/>
            >
            >Both are on the south side of Tucson.
            >
            >Jim Burks
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lbgo93/M=314310.5785087.6831183.5630876/D=gr
            oups/S=1705059529:HM/EXP=1107456132/A=2372975/R=0/SIG=11jraf5qk/*http:/www.u
            sba.com/ads2/landing_enough.asp?id=11> click here

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=314310.5785087.6831183.5630876/D=groups/S=
            :HM/A=2372975/rand=554547578>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • paul rosa
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
              Jim:

              Thanks for your tips. I'll pass them on to my lady friend for her
              consideration.

              Paul Rosa