Hard Hat Tour at the Titan Missile Museum in AZ

  • Brad Cobo
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      I thought I'd let the group know about an upcoming event worth noting. The
      following is from an email I received today:
      "Greetings:
      You requested information on the Annual Night Time Beyond the Blastdoor Tour
      at the Titan Missile Museum.
      This special event will take place on Saturday, March 12, 2005.
      Tours will run every 20 minutes beginning at 6:00 pm, and the last tour will
      begin at 9:00 pm.
      Only once each year do you have the opportunity to visit behind the scenes
      at this historic Titan II Missile Complex. Enter the launch duct with the
      Missile! See where the missile crews ate and slept! Meet former missile crew
      members and crew members from the Strategic Air Command Airborne Command
      Post.
      Admission is $12.95 per person
      $29.95 per family of four (Family rate includes not more than 2 adults and 2
      children under 18. Additional children in the family are $5 each. Because
      this is a fundraising event, there will be no other discounted admissions.)
      Reservations are strongly recommended for this very popular tour. You may
      make your reservation by responding to this email, or by calling the Titan
      Missile Museum at (520) 625-7736.
      We look forward to seeing you on the 12th.
      Yvonne C. Morris
      Director, Titan Missile Museum
      (520) 625-4759"

      Sounds like a good time to get a few people together and do some tower
      hunting and silo seeing. =)
      Brad Cobo
      www.coboengineering.com/att

    • paul rosa
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
        Brad:

        You devil. My lady friend and I already are locked into a Titan tour
        next week. Now we find we've missed the big event. Oh well, so it
        goes I guess we'll just have to cope with the petit Titan tour.

        Paul Rosa
        Harpers Ferry, WV

        Brad Cobo wrote:

        >I thought I'd let the group know about an upcoming event worth noting. The
        >following is from an email I received today:
        >"Greetings:
        >You requested information on the Annual Night Time Beyond the Blastdoor Tour
        >at the Titan Missile Museum.
        >This special event will take place on Saturday, March 12, 2005.
        >Tours will run every 20 minutes beginning at 6:00 pm, and the last tour will
        >begin at 9:00 pm.
        >Only once each year do you have the opportunity to visit behind the scenes
        >at this historic Titan II Missile Complex. Enter the launch duct with the
        >Missile! See where the missile crews ate and slept! Meet former missile crew
        >members and crew members from the Strategic Air Command Airborne Command
        >Post.
        >Admission is $12.95 per person
        >$29.95 per family of four (Family rate includes not more than 2 adults and 2
        >children under 18. Additional children in the family are $5 each. Because
        >this is a fundraising event, there will be no other discounted admissions.)
        >Reservations are strongly recommended for this very popular tour. You may
        >make your reservation by responding to this email, or by calling the Titan
        >Missile Museum at (520) 625-7736.
        >We look forward to seeing you on the 12th.
        >Yvonne C. Morris
        >Director, Titan Missile Museum
        >(520) 625-4759"
        >
        >Sounds like a good time to get a few people together and do some tower
        >hunting and silo seeing. =)
        >Brad Cobo
        >www.coboengineering.com/att

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Agent Geiger
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
          Come to Denver, and we can go visit a Titan I.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Jim Burks
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
            Brad Cobo wrote:
            >I thought I'd let the group know about an upcoming event worth noting. The
            > following is from an email I received today:

            While I have not been on the 'behind the scenes' tour, I have visited the
            Titan Missile Museum, and it is an excellent introduction to the Cold War
            and strategic missile operations.

            It's also a GREAT time to go to southern Arizona - while it's cold and
            icy up here, it's nice, warm and sunny there.

            Also in the neighborhood is the Pima Air Museum (airplane graveyard at
            Davis-Monthan AFB) http://www.pimaair.org/.

            Both are on the south side of Tucson.

            Jim Burks
          • paul rosa
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
              Jim:

              Thanks. The Pima Air Museum already is on our list of things to do.
              We're also booked for their tour of the airplance graveyard at Davis
              Monthan AFB, and the Kitt Peak National Observatory.

              Paul Rosa
              Harpers Ferry, WV

              Jim Burks wrote:

              >Brad Cobo wrote:
              >

              >>I thought I'd let the group know about an upcoming event worth noting. The
              >>following is from an email I received today:
              >>

              >While I have not been on the 'behind the scenes' tour, I have visited the
              >Titan Missile Museum, and it is an excellent introduction to the Cold War
              >and strategic missile operations.
              >
              >It's also a GREAT time to go to southern Arizona - while it's cold and
              >icy up here, it's nice, warm and sunny there.
              >
              >Also in the neighborhood is the Pima Air Museum (airplane graveyard at
              >Davis-Monthan AFB) http://www.pimaair.org/.
              >
              >Both are on the south side of Tucson.
              >
              >Jim Burks
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Jim Burks
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
                Paul,

                Thought I'd take this off-list, as it's probably not of general interest,
                unless others are going to southern AZ soon.

                The boneyard at Davis Monthan is (or was in 1995) adjacent to the Pima Air
                Museum. Both are a 'must see', as is the Titan Missile Museum.

                Other places I'd recommend, if you're still filling out your agenda:

                Bisbee, AZ and the Copper Queen Hotel

                http://www.copperqueen.com/

                Very authentic. The bar has a lot of 'atmosphere' - both locals and
                tourists. The rooms are original.

                There's also a copper mine in the area that has tours - even a little
                railcar to ride in, so it's not hard at all.

                http://www.amdest.com/az/bisbee/queenmine.html

                Fort Huachuca

                Sierra Vista

                http://huachuca-www.army.mil/HISTORY/museum.htm

                Major army intel post.

                Have a great time in AZ - and thanks for your informative posts on
                coldwarcomms.

                Jim Burks

                Collierville, TN

                _____

                Jim Burks wrote:

                >Brad Cobo wrote:
                >

                >>I thought I'd let the group know about an upcoming event worth noting. The
                >>following is from an email I received today:
                >>

                >While I have not been on the 'behind the scenes' tour, I have visited the
                >Titan Missile Museum, and it is an excellent introduction to the Cold War
                >and strategic missile operations.
                >
                >It's also a GREAT time to go to southern Arizona - while it's cold and
                >icy up here, it's nice, warm and sunny there.
                >
                >Also in the neighborhood is the Pima Air Museum (airplane graveyard at
                >Davis-Monthan AFB) http://www.pimaair.org/. <http://www.pimaair.org/>
                >
                >Both are on the south side of Tucson.
                >
                >Jim Burks
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lbgo93/M=314310.5785087.6831183.5630876/D=gr
                oups/S=1705059529:HM/EXP=1107456132/A=2372975/R=0/SIG=11jraf5qk/*http:/www.u
                sba.com/ads2/landing_enough.asp?id=11> click here

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=314310.5785087.6831183.5630876/D=groups/S=
                :HM/A=2372975/rand=554547578>

                _____

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • paul rosa
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
                  Jim:

                  Thanks for your tips. I'll pass them on to my lady friend for her
                  consideration.

                  Paul Rosa