[coldwarcomms] re: Leesburg CO

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2000
      Mathew,

      Thanks for the photo.

      Removal of the microwave horns seems more frequent at local Bell Atlantic
      (C&P) sites, as opposed to former AT&T Long Lines facilities.

      As best I can tell, the Leesburg CO had AT&T radio links to Aldie and
      Hamilton, VA, and a C&P route to Paris, VA. The Paris station is on Mount
      Weather but appears unrelated to the FEMA installation. It had links
      continuing west to Stephens City and Front Royal, VA.

      ...Albert