Lightwave Spectrum gone?

  • pwood78
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      Hello,

      I was hoping someone could answer this question I've got. I was cable
      tracing and doing other things in Culpeper and Faquier Counties a few
      days back when I ran across a couple of those Lightwave Spectrum
      markers. Nothing really earth shattering but I did notice that the
      Lightwave logo on most of the signs (but not all) had been stickered
      over with the letters QGS. I also saw sidewalk utility markings for
      MCI and QGS at the SE DC Tandem CO (thats a long haul!).

      So who is QGS? Have they taken over LSI? What do the letters stand
      for? It was bad enough trying to find any information on Lightwave
      Spectrum much, I can seem to dig up anything on QGS. Thanks for any
      insight!

      -
      Parris B. Wood
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        > I was hoping someone could answer this question I've got. I was cable
        > tracing and doing other things in Culpeper and Faquier Counties a few
        > days back when I ran across a couple of those Lightwave Spectrum
        > markers. Nothing really earth shattering but I did notice that the
        > Lightwave logo on most of the signs (but not all) had been stickered
        > over with the letters QGS. I also saw sidewalk utility markings for
        > MCI and QGS at the SE DC Tandem CO (thats a long haul!).
        >
        > So who is QGS? Have they taken over LSI? What do the letters stand
        > for? It was bad enough trying to find any information on Lightwave
        > Spectrum much, I can seem to dig up anything on QGS. Thanks for any
        > insight!

        I seem to recall that Lightwave Spectrum was acquired by MCI a few years
        ago. Can anyone confirm/refute that?

        Regarding QGS, my guess would be that it's Qwest Government Services.
        See:
        http://www.qwest.com/largebusiness/industries/federal_govt/fed_business.html

        Albert
      • pwood78
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
          > I seem to recall that Lightwave Spectrum was acquired by MCI a few
          > years ago. Can anyone confirm/refute that?

          Thier markers are in the same place along Rt. 28 heading out of
          Fauquier County and I think into Haymarket. I wasn't able to observe
          the route fully due to all of the construction.

          I don't recall MCI fiber being along that route last year but I could
          be mistaken.

          > Regarding QGS, my guess would be that it's Qwest Government
          > Services. See:

          http://www.qwest.com/largebusiness/industries/federal_govt/fed_busines
          s.html

          Ahah! That would make sense. Especially if Qwest bought LSi then
          there would reason to relabel most of the LSi signs. However, someone
          should fix that page. There is a repeating sentence that goes on and
          on =]