Re: [coldwarcomms] More web site updates

  • David Lesher
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2004

      > Looks like IE can't handle the GIF file format for some reason. The
      > images work fine in Netscape and Safari. I'll keep looking into it, but
      > if you want to see the maps now the best solution is to try Netscape
      > or Mozilla.

      Is it possible the GIF is borken somehow? Both xv and ee fail
      here while looking at the file....

    • GREG PRICE
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2005
        For those having download problems try this. To download the 1979 route map right click and clikc on "save target as". It's a 4.5 Meg file so if you have a dial up modem it will be slow.

        Mike Jacobs <mj@...> wrote:Added some additional interesting stuff:

        1979 AT&T Nationwide Route Map:
        http://www.coldwarcomms.org/Maps/ATT%20System%201979.gif

        Added better description to map downloads:
        http://www.coldwarcomms.org/Maps/

        Added photos of new 1000' candelabra broadcast tower in
        Philadelphia.
        http://www.coldwarcomms.org/miscellaneous/philadelphia/candelab
        ra.html

        More to follow, break!