Re: AT&T Sideling Hill, PA

  • s92187
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2004
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Albert LaFrance"
      <lafrance@a...> wrote:
      > I've posted a web page for this concrete-silo tower, featuring a
      1949 Long
      > Lines magazine article (thanks to Wayne Weishan) focusing on the
      tower's
      > "slip-form" construction technique:
      > http://long-lines.net/places-routes/SidelingHillPA/index.html
      >
      > Albert

      Hi Albert:

      Good article. This particular tower, along with the next one east on
      the route at Clark's Knob, were demolished two years ago.

      Terry Michaels
    • Brady Alleman
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2004
        On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 00:29 +0000, s92187 wrote:

        > Hi Albert:
        >
        > Good article. This particular tower, along with the next one east on
        > the route at Clark's Knob, were demolished two years ago.
        >
        > Terry Michaels

        The Clark's Knob tower had already been removed when I visited the site
        in November of 2001. Must have been three or more years ago that it was
        destroyed.

        Brady Alleman