Some Classics

  • David Lesher
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2004
      http://www.archive.org/movies/movieslisting-browse.php?collection=prelinger&cat=Communication:%20Telephone

      Films some of us may recognize....

    • Mike Magnus
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 26, 2004
        For those who might want to watch these films but don't have high-speed connections or don't like to watch movies on their
        computers, David Massey has them (and more) on DVD at:

        http://www.bellsystemmemorial.com/dvd/

        There's also an eBay seller (raveboy6373) that offers a DVD of a number of them.

        -Mike

        > http://www.archive.org/movies/movieslisting-browse.php?collection=prelinger&cat=Communication:%20Telephone
        >
        > Films some of us may recognize....
      • s92187
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2004
          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David Lesher <wb8foz@n...> wrote:
          > http://www.archive.org/movies/movieslisting-browse.php?
          collection=prelinger&cat=Communication:%20Telephone

          > Films some of us may recognize....

          The film titled "Story Without End" has some good shots of an early
          concrete microwave tower about half way through. I've identified the
          site as Sideling Hill, PA.

          Terry Michaels
        • Paul Zawada
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2004
            On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:28:43 -0400 (EDT), David Lesher <wb8foz@...> wrote:

            > http://www.archive.org/movies/movieslisting-browse.php?collection=prelinger&cat=Communication:%20Telephone
            >
            > Films some of us may recognize....

            I am a bit young to recognize/remember these films but I really
            enjoyed them nonetheless. I especially loved the operator training
            films. The way the operators spoke almost sent a chill down my
            spine... These films are a great way to recall a truly bygone era.

            --zawada