Re: UK official Cold War archaeology

  • Dave Emery
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2000
      On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 12:13:44AM -0500, Albert LaFrance wrote:
      > From: Albert LaFrance <ALaFrance@...>
      >
      > http://www.rchme.gov.uk/survey18.html
      >
      > Main page is http://www.rchme.gov.uk/survey.html

      The comments about the FLR-9 are interesting in that there were
      many more sites of Wullenwebers than just than just Chicksands, Misawa
      Japan, Clark in the Philipines, Elmendorf, San Vito Italy and Turkey listed.
      NSG facilities in Maine (Winter Harbor), Florida, W Va, Washington, and
      elsehwere come to mind, and I actually saw a Wullenweber with my own
      eyes on Bermuda. I think the NSG facilities were FRD-10s rather than
      FLR-9s, and someone who worked on the sites posted a message saying there
      were 12-14 sites at one time. Even the FCC had some Wullenweber
      sites at one point...

      > ...Albert

      > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. ZERO. Rates as low as 0
      > percent Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance transfers,
      > Rewards Points, no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and
      > get the credit you deserve. Apply now. Get your NextCard Visa at

      Dave Emery N1PRE, die@... DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass.
      PGP fingerprint = 2047/4D7B08D1 DE 6E E1 CC 1F 1D 96 E2 5D 27 BD B0 24 88 C3 18