Mt. Weather building

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2000
      At the following site -

      http://popularmechanics.com/popmech/sci/9804STMIM.html

      - under the heading "Doomsday Hotel", there's a picture of some of the
      surface facilities near the top of Mt. Weather. For orientation, I believe
      the white object in the upper-right corner is the helipad's control tower.

      What interests me the most is the pair of large, tilted rectangular objects
      on the roof of the two-story building in the foreground. I was thinking
      maybe solar panels, but the proportions don't seem quite right.

      BTW, that style of building seems to be common at Mt. Weather, judging from
      the satellite photos.

      ...Albert