Re: AT&T/American Tower sites

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 12, 2000
      Mike,

      The American Tower web site has had its share of operational anomalies,
      including a brief period when a search for towers in VA would bring up a
      list of CA locations! It seems to be working OK at this moment - the
      SiteSearch link should being up a list box where you can search by state,
      and a set of boxes for a lat-lon-radius search.

      There are some interesting former AT&T sites listed. I was surprised to
      see Omps, WV (misfiled under VA) is an American Tower property, since it
      is/was Mount Weather's AT&T microwave interface. At least, I'm pretty sure
      it's the AT&T site; there's a 1-sec. difference in latitude and a 3-sec.
      difference in longitude versus the March '98 FCC database, perhaps
      attributable to the NAD27-83 conversion. The ground AMSL elevations are
      identical.

      Also, American Tower now owns the Kates (misspelled "Ketes") Mountain site
      in WV - this was the AT&T link for the Greenbrier bunker, and one of a long
      chain of stations. Again, a slight lat/lon difference vs. the old FCC
      records.

      ...Albert

      From: "Mike Jacobs" <mwj116@...>