Re: AT&T/American Tower sites

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2000
      Also, it looks like the AT&T site names are in all upper-case letters on
      the database listing by state.

      ...Albert

      From: Daryl Gibson <drgibson@...>

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 12, 2000
        Mike,

        The American Tower web site has had its share of operational anomalies,
        including a brief period when a search for towers in VA would bring up a
        list of CA locations! It seems to be working OK at this moment - the
        SiteSearch link should being up a list box where you can search by state,
        and a set of boxes for a lat-lon-radius search.

        There are some interesting former AT&T sites listed. I was surprised to
        see Omps, WV (misfiled under VA) is an American Tower property, since it
        is/was Mount Weather's AT&T microwave interface. At least, I'm pretty sure
        it's the AT&T site; there's a 1-sec. difference in latitude and a 3-sec.
        difference in longitude versus the March '98 FCC database, perhaps
        attributable to the NAD27-83 conversion. The ground AMSL elevations are
        identical.

        Also, American Tower now owns the Kates (misspelled "Ketes") Mountain site
        in WV - this was the AT&T link for the Greenbrier bunker, and one of a long
        chain of stations. Again, a slight lat/lon difference vs. the old FCC
        records.

        ...Albert

        From: "Mike Jacobs" <mwj116@...>