Re: [coldwarcomms] "Washington Builds for War" bus tour

  • Kenneth Coney
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2004
      Not much in DC was placed where the public could view it. Further out
      the situation changed. The old Nike complex in Prince George's County,
      MD and the Nike control center near the intersection of VA Rt. 193 and
      VA Rt 7 in Reston, VA.. Both might still be existing, or at least they
      were 5 years ago (abandoned, dilapidated and fenced off, but buildings
      were still standing when I visited them then). The steam tunnels of DC
      (the gratings over the tunnels are still there even if the steam plants
      are mostly defunct or gone). The Watergate (of Nixon fame) is built on
      the location of the first CIA HQ (K St. Bldg.). VA 2 from the street.