Re: DUCC redux?

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2000
      Tim,

      Well, it looks like the PDC may have suffered a sudden attack of modesty.
      For at least the past couple of days, Internet Explorer gives me a "server
      returned invalid or unrecognized response" message when I try to access the
      URL I gave earlier
      (http://pdcunx.nwo.usace.army.mil/protective_design_center_history.htm).

      I'm not a net expert and don't know exactly what that message means. Could
      it be that access to the site is now restricted? Maybe someone with a
      ".mil" account could give it a try.

      It may or may not be a coincidence that I e-mailed the PDC's
      hardened-structures contact person on Jan. 21, inquiring about the ANMCC
      project and its possible relationship with the DUCC proposal. I haven't
      received a reply, nor did I receive one to an inquiry last year about the
      DUCC. It kinda looks like they don't want to talk about such things...

      ...Albert

      From: Hooligan@...
      <SNIP>
      > MY opinion is that the original SPO/PDC RDT&E work was heavily
      classified,
      >with specifics being black. When this program was
      >cancelled, the basics of the SPO/PDC work on it became unclassified, and
      thus
      >available as a neat thing for the PDC to boast about on their web.
      <SNIP>