Re: [coldwarcomms] Bell System microwave test set

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2004
      I was wrong about the meter belonging to a TH1 system. Checking further, I
      found a photo in "A History of Engineering and Science in the Bell System:
      Transmission Technology" (p. 320) showing an identical-looking meter
      attached to a TL2/TM1 crossband-diversity radio bay. This was a short-haul
      system with a capacity of 600 voice channels (one mastergroup) or one TV
      channel. The first installation was between Charlottesville and Richmond,
      VA in 1964.