Re: AJCC microwave links

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "exbayareadude" <roadhogg@...>
      To: <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 3:00 PM
      Subject: [coldwarcomms] Re: AJCC microwave links

      > Is this a "Pre-WAWS" or "WAWS" route map? I ask this as in 1978 the
      > link went from "RT" to "C" to "D" (no line-of-sight to "D"). Read in
      > a publication in later years that the link from "R" to "C" went fiber.

      I believe the map information is pre-WAWS. Here are a couple of additional
      pieces to the puzzle:

      (1) A WAWS microwave route map, from Western Union's 1979 proposal:
      http://coldwar-c4i.net/WAWS/WAWS_WU_map.html

      (2) The March 1998 FCC microwave database shows a WU transmitter at Damascus
      (Site D) talking to Ft. Detrick, Tenley, Ft. Meade, and Ft. Ritchie. But
      the coordinates given for "Ft. Ritchie" are actually for Site RT.