Portland / Seattle TD-2 microwave route

  • s92187
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2004
      Hello All:

      I recently posted scans of 8 pages of newsletter and newspaper
      accounts detailing the planning and construction of a microwave route
      from Portland, through Kalama, Castle Rock, Tenino, and Orting WA to
      Seattle. The route was rushed into service in 1952 to initally
      provide network television service to Seattle, picking up the
      programming from Portland which was on the end of an L-1 coaxial
      cable route coming up from Sacramento. The route was later expanded
      to provide telephone traffic also. You can find these pages at this
      link: http://www.tower-sites.com/AT&Twebsite/port1952.htm

      Terry Michaels