E4B - solution found it seems

  • doug humphrey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2004

      > The best I can tell is that the cameraman was generally facing south
      > towards the White House North Lawn and the plane moves generally from
      > frame left towards frame right. In the image the plane is heading
      > away from the cameraman at an angle, (southwest?) making a banking
      > right hand turn (towards westish?)until it was flying perpendicular
      > to his field of view and at the end of the clip the cameraman catches
      > part of one of the statues in Lafayette Park frame right. So it sort
      > of looks like it was heading southwest, banking and turning west or
      > northwest. Unfortunately there are not good static references in the
      > clip since he was shooting upward so this is only my best guess.
      >
      > Tim Goldsmith

      thanks tim - that makes some sense of it, especially when added to
      this next post:

      > Message: 4
      > Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:22:27 -0400
      > From: "Oil B. King" <hobnail@...>
      > Subject: Re: Re: E4B over DC ? on 9/11 ? unlikely in the extreme
      >
      > Hi Guys,
      >
      > An E-4B arrived at Andrews on the evening of the 10th. Another
      > E-4B went airborne around 1000z on the 11th enroute to Andrews.
      > Neither of these E-4Bs was the Primary at the time before the attacks.
      > The E-4B that was on the ground at Andrews took off after the attacks
      > and flew by the Pentagon for a look. Maybe this is the bird that was
      > viewed at the White House? Also, from Sept. 11th until the 24th the
      > Primary NAOC was at Andrews. Hope this clears some confusion. Take
      > care,
      >

      > 73 de OBK

      sounds like a mystery solved! a mailing list that is useful! very
      rare ;-)

      doug
    • goldsmithtim
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2004
        See, this is why I love this group so much. So many people having
        little pieces of different puzzles. And sometimes the members are
        able to share some of the pieces!
        This is exactly the sort of information I was hoping to tease out the
        group.
        Thanks so much. As to whether it is "news" now certainly remains to
        be seen. But it has been fun trying to figure out what is what about
        this. Thanks to Doug and "Mr. King" and everybody else.

        Tim Goldsmith