Re: e4b - which way was it headed?

  • goldsmithtim
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2004
      > Does the video catch any ground reference so that you can see
      > roughly the heading of the aircraft? while it is not certain, it
      might
      > give some info, since while I can see if being cleared to transit
      > the airspace, I can't see that it would be orbiting through the
      > airspace repeatedly (that would make air defense a lot harder
      > for the guys on the ground trying to keep that airspace clean)
      > or just "wandering through" - was it going left to right (coast) or
      > right to left?
      >
      > Doug

      The best I can tell is that the cameraman was generally facing south
      towards the White House North Lawn and the plane moves generally from
      frame left towards frame right. In the image the plane is heading
      away from the cameraman at an angle, (southwest?) making a banking
      right hand turn (towards westish?)until it was flying perpendicular
      to his field of view and at the end of the clip the cameraman catches
      part of one of the statues in Lafayette Park frame right. So it sort
      of looks like it was heading southwest, banking and turning west or
      northwest. Unfortunately there are not good static references in the
      clip since he was shooting upward so this is only my best guess.

      Tim Goldsmith