Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: Radome on Site E Tysons Tower

  • paul rosa
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2004
      Chuck:

      I doubt there is little or any commercial presence on the Tysons tower.
      This is obvious from the fact that most of the high-rise office
      buildings that have sprouted in the Tysons Corner edge city are littered
      with PCS and cellular antennas. If anything, with respect to commercial
      interests, I'd expect a real estate grab to force the Federal tenants
      onto commercial buildings so the tower real estate could be flipped as
      surplus to GSA and sold for yet another high-rise building.

      Paul Rosa
      Harpers Ferry, WV

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 24, 2004
        I looked at it again today and noticed a small (maybe 18-24") white
        microwave dish on the east face of the tower just below the top deck. I may
        have overlooked it when I first checked out the radome, but it definitely
        wasn't there on any of my earlier visits.