AT&T FAA Radar Remoting Systems (RML)

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
      Looking through a July 1989 index of AT&T document (formerly BSPs), I found
      a heading named "FAA Radar Remoting Systems (RML or RML-4)". The
      interesting thing is that the documents apparently were specific to certain
      installations. Their titles refer to:

      "Cape Charles - Leesburg" - transmitting and receiving terminal, and
      intermediate station
      "Mt. Laguna - Palmdale", transmitting and receiving terminal
      "Fallon" - transmitting terminal
      "Fremont" - receiving terminal

      Albert
    • hooligan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
        In a message dated 2/2/2004 8:31:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        lafrance@... writes:
        Looking through a July 1989 index of AT&T document (formerly BSPs), I found
        a heading named "FAA Radar Remoting Systems (RML or RML-4)". The
        interesting thing is that the documents apparently were specific to certain
        installations. Their titles refer to:

        "Cape Charles - Leesburg" - transmitting and receiving terminal, and
        intermediate station
        "Mt. Laguna - Palmdale", transmitting and receiving terminal
        "Fallon" - transmitting terminal
        "Fremont" - receiving terminal

        Looks like the "receiving terminals" are probably all FAA Air Route Traffic
        Control Centers -- Fremont (California) is the home of the "Oakland Center"
        ARTCC, and I think "LA Center" is in Palmdale CA.

        Tim

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Albert LaFrance" <lafrance@a...>
          wrote:
          > Looking through a July 1989 index of AT&T document (formerly BSPs),
          I found
          > a heading named "FAA Radar Remoting Systems (RML or RML-4)". The
          > interesting thing is that the documents apparently were specific to
          certain
          > installations. Their titles refer to:
          >
          > "Cape Charles - Leesburg" - transmitting and receiving terminal, and
          > intermediate station
          > "Mt. Laguna - Palmdale", transmitting and receiving terminal
          > "Fallon" - transmitting terminal
          > "Fremont" - receiving terminal
          >
          > Albert

          The Cape Charles site was on or near the former Cape Charles AFS(Sage
          heavy radar), aka Fort Custis,P56,Jitney.I don't recall whether the
          circuit routed to Hampton/Norfolk or went north to Silver Beach & then
          west to the Leesburg ARTCC.
        • mf9992002
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2004
            Current name for this sytem is RCL. It uses AT&T and Granger
            equipment.

            Morgan

            <lafrance@a...>