Re: [coldwarcomms] Teletype Seasons Greetings

  • Blake Bowers
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2004
      TN used to get very irate over any AM message, sent
      statewide, for anything other than VERY pressing
      information. Even severe weather was a no-no.

      TCIC was ... different.

      > Must be some old heads in the IT department. You just KNOW that sending
      out a 2k text message out on ISDN and T1 lines create such a huge load on
      Christmas...Like there is lots of police work going on :)

      > I sent mine to buddies I know in 3 different states. I know one sheirf's
      dept that must have been puzzelled.

      > "Thomas E. Ketchum" <ffighter_95@...> wrote:
      > In the state i work in, it is a HUGE screwup to send one out, as the state
      agency in control of the system does not like them due to the system load it
      creates.