Re: State Dept. at FEMA Olney, MD bunker

  • Greenfog13
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19 3:43 AM
      I worked in this facility not to long ago. I installed a very
      complex FM-200 fire suppression system for its data processing room.
      Very large facility. Mostly underground.

      Dave

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Albert LaFrance"
      <lafrance@a...> wrote:
      > From a State Dept. report titled "Strategic Goal 12: Management and
      > Organizational Excellence", at
      > http://www.state.gov/m/rm/rls/perfplan/2004/20499.htm :
      >
      > "The Department signed a MOU with the Federal Emergency Management
      Agency
      > (FEMA) to establish a highly survivable redundant capability for the
      > Department's Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Information
      Technology
      > infrastructure at FEMA's Federal Support Center in Olney,
      Maryland. This
      > facility will serve as a live mirror site for the Beltsville
      Information

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2004
        Yes, it's a total of about 65,000 square feet, with two levels. I was told
        it's the largest of the FEMA hardened regional centers.