Re: Paso Robles L3

  • mf9992002
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 21, 2003
      I found a building a few miles south N 35.55468 W 120.71255. My GPS
      was set to WGS 72 when I stored the location. The building looks
      like it's 1960's vintage and there are AT&T buried fiber markers
      around it. I'll try to post the phot's when I get them developed.

      Morgan Ford

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, long-lines@a... wrote:
      > Yes. This is older un-hardened L3. I might look near the
      railroad; south of Paso
      > Robles I believe the cable follows the railroad for a good number
      of miles.

      > The central office (PSRBCA01DS0) is at 730 15th St. I was by
      there in 2001; it
      > doesn't look right. It isn't the best picture but you can see it
      here:
      > http://www.thecentraloffice.com/CC/CC.htm
      > c.
      >
      > On 6 Oct 2003 at 23:03, mf9992002 wrote:
      >
      > > Would there have been an aboveground buiding associated with
      this?
      > > There isn't onethere now. There's a water fountain in this
      > > location. I'll check around for manholes.
      > >
      > > Morgan
      > >

      > > - In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne M H" <tricari@s...>
      wrote:
      > > > Possibly 35.6267 -120.6900 according to my map.
      > > >
      > > > I don't recall where I got that from though. Looks like 12th
      St
      > > and Park St.
      > > >
      > > > -Wayne

      Robles)

      http://www.thebriarpatch.org/microwave/images/ATT_NorCal_1979.j

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • long-lines@att.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2004
        I tried to find that spot on http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ and
        landed in 'hill country'; do you think you could find it and post the
        URL? TIA.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 8, 2004
          Here's what I found on terra server. Looks like the right area but
          not enough detail to see the building.
          http://www.terraserver.com/imagery/image_gx.asp?cpx=-
          120.71255&cpy=35.55469&res=8&provider_id=305

          I had better luck with this topographical map
          http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?
          z=10&n=3936965.13134425&e=707333.228460626&s=50&size=l&u=5&layer=DRG2
          5&datum=nad83

          If this comes up on your computer correctly the red pip is almost on
          top of the buiding. The building shows as a small dot.

          This is in the town of Templeton near the CHP station. The road to
          the south is Las Tablas.

          The coordinates Wayne posted earlier as a possible L3 site are
          across the street from the clock tower that collapsed. This isn't
          very far from the Paso Robles Central Office. Were repeaters ever
          located inside CO's?

          Regards,

          Morgan

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 8, 2004
            I didn't have much luck with the links on my prior post. The
            building is in Templeton, CA very near the intersection of Las
            Tablas Road and Duncan Road.

            Morgan