Re: [coldwarcomms] Teletype Seasons Greetings

  • Thomas E. Ketchum
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
      In the state i work in, it is a HUGE screwup to send one out, as the state agency in control of the system does not like them due to the system load it creates.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
        Must be some old heads in the IT department. You just KNOW that sending out a 2k text message out on ISDN and T1 lines create such a huge load on Christmas...Like there is lots of police work going on :)

        I sent mine to buddies I know in 3 different states. I know one sheirf's dept that must have been puzzelled.

        --
        Dave Emery N1PRE, die@... DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493

      • Blake Bowers
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2004
          TN used to get very irate over any AM message, sent
          statewide, for anything other than VERY pressing
          information. Even severe weather was a no-no.

          TCIC was ... different.