State Dept. at FEMA Olney, MD bunker

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2003
      From a State Dept. report titled "Strategic Goal 12: Management and
      Organizational Excellence", at
      http://www.state.gov/m/rm/rls/perfplan/2004/20499.htm :

      "The Department signed a MOU with the Federal Emergency Management Agency
      (FEMA) to establish a highly survivable redundant capability for the
      Department's Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Information Technology
      infrastructure at FEMA's Federal Support Center in Olney, Maryland. This
      facility will serve as a live mirror site for the Beltsville Information
      Management Center (BIMC) and is designed to handle any disruption to the
      Department's communications infrastructure and ensure communications with
      our overseas posts. Previous estimates for establishing an alternate
      communication site for BIMC exceeded $500 million; this effort will cost
      approximately $7 million."

      Albert
    • Greenfog13
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2003
        I worked in this facility not to long ago. I installed a very
        complex FM-200 fire suppression system for its data processing room.
        Very large facility. Mostly underground.

        Dave

        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Albert LaFrance"

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2004
          Yes, it's a total of about 65,000 square feet, with two levels. I was told
          it's the largest of the FEMA hardened regional centers.