Re: WOM Pensucco, FL

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 6, 2003
      I think it was by 441 and ??? in Ft Lauderdale/Plantation. I
      remember visiting there and being dumbfounded as a kid by all the
      antennas they had.

      http://tinyurl.com/txec

      Link to Terraserver for 1999 image.

      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 11, 2014
      • Eric
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 12, 2014
          Ive always thought it odd. When I lived there in the 80's we used to go to
          the Thuderbird SwapShop right across the street. One time we drove down a
          side street there and saw a wonder array of various antennas strung up on
          wooden poles. Always though it was part of WOM. Using Google Maps time
          machine, you can see several poles in the large field to the south. Was
          that related or something else?

        • Eric
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 12, 2014
            The person that has the pictures of the transmitter site also had a few of
            the receive site;

            https://www.flickr.com/photos/junkmatt/sets/72157611911178104/

          • Matthew Strong
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 12, 2014
              My photos. we did the removal of the entire transmitter site, after a
              developer bought the land to mitigate wetlands development somewhere else.
              Tried to get in to see the receive site, but they wouldn't let us in, just
              the photos of the outside.

              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 12, 2014
                Were there any UHF "pipes" still there?; Pensucco was on a NEACP/SCOPELIGHT circuit for a time,so it was likely a GEP.