Socal Fire threatened/damaged Long Lines towers..list

  • sdsewage
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2003
      As fires still rage on here in Socal, here is a list of old Long
      Lines towers that are/were threatened or damaged;

      Lytle Creek (possibly destoryed)

      Padua Hills (possibly damaged or destroyed)

      Sage (Thretened)

      El Cajon/Crest (Possibly destoryed)

      Juilan (Possibly damaged)

      Strawberry Peak (Damaged)

      A few Central Offices have been damaged too..will get the list of
      those soon.

      Will give updates when I can check some of these sites out or when I
      get more info.

      Socal Microwave sites:
      http://www.thecentraloffice.com/Microwave/microwave%20sites.htm

      Jon-
    • oswap12
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2003
        It'd be hard to hurt the Julian site. That was the location of the 'Julian'
        fire last year and that burned almost everything around it. When I was at
        the site earlier this year there wasn't a tree for almost half a mile. I
        also went to the Oat Mtn. site today and it's ok, was very close to the fire
        but just got really smoked out. The info I've heard on Strawberry is that
        the site was not damaged. There is soot all over but no actual damage. Maybe
        when the fires cool down one of use can take a trip up there.

        -RF