Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: Cannonball still standing tall

  • Pj
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2003
      Its in a state forest in Savoy, MA which is east of Adams, MA. Its basically off a main drag. I had help from a fellow list member in locating it. When he was there, all the dishes were still on the ground, however all the WU stuff it gone, but the tower is still there with a MA DEP dish and the original building. If the gate is closed, its a steep walk up the road. I have pic if you want it.

      Joseph Marotta <jm12084@...> wrote:Hi, In the Berkshires huh ? Might be worth a trip out to see. I am
      not too far from that area, what is at the nearest town to the site?
      Joe

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Pj" <packy41@y...> wrote:
      > Sorta a late report, but when I was out in the Hancock area doing
      > some railfanning, I noticed how close I was so I decided to take a
      > trip to Cannonball. Wasn't a bad ride off the freeway, and you can
      > see the tower from the same area of the AT&T long lines tower.
      >
      > Eventually I found my way to the entrance gate which was closed. I
      > wanted to take a walk up, but all the no tresspassing signs wern't
      > too inviting. Also, after walking up a hill in the Berkshires to
      find
      > a WU tower that's there wasn't fun either. The tower is much wider
      > than I thought from Albert's picutres. I have uploaded two digital
      > pics that are zoomed in so they may be a little grainy. I have 3
      2mb
      > pics at various distances if anyone wants them.
      >
      > Next time I am in the area, I will try to get permission from the
      > owners to take a ride/walk up there. The day I was up there is was
      > fairly warm and I had a driving scheudle to get to Cumberland and
      > Sandpatch :)
      >
      > The tower is located in a really nice farming area. I would love to
      > retire there.
      >
      > Files are located:
      > cb1 and cb2

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT