PAVE-PAWS Circuits

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2003
      While researching a 1960's SAGE telco office known as Cataument 20 I
      found the following reference to AT&T services in the 1990's at
      Cataumet MA.

      32.6.1. Rates

      A. To be furnished between Omaha, NE and the following locations
      in
      the quantities as specified below.

      Marysville, CA (1), Buckley, CO (1),Cataumet, MA (1)

      INSTALLATION
      USOC MONTHLY CHARGE

      - For each arrangement installed SFQ $657.00
      $6,282.00
      to the locations specified above

      This special government services tariff covers voice grade cable
      only
      circuits for the "PAVE PAWS" Early Warning System at
      Cataumet-Otis AFB(now Mass. Military Reservation),Marysville- Beale
      AFB ,& Buckley-Peterson AFB.

      Here is one of several pages on PAVE PAWS:

      http://ranger95.crosswinds.net/airforce/space_warning_sq/6sws.htm

      and one on a dangerous fire at the Cataumet site in
      1988,showing the unconventional fire fighting vehicles
      needed in the brush:

      http://www.capecodfd.com/PAGES%20Special/Breakers08.htm