re: Wolf Run Research Station, VA

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 10, 1999
      Thanks for the info...very interesting. Any idea what ASA might have been
      doing at Wolf Run? Looks like a very isolated area.

      ...Albert

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 10, 1999
        Yes, it was really fascinating. I'm glad they gave the story two full
        hours. I was especially interested in the "Colossus" computer - it's an
        incredible shame that all of those machines *and* their plans were
        intentionally destroyed!

        >From: "MONIX" <monix@...>
        >
        >And if you did not see Breaking The Code last night on PBS, it was a great
        >show on the Enigma Machine, maybe you can catch it later.
      • MONIX
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 11, 1999
          I cannot remember the exact wording but it was somthing like doing research
          on electromagnectic phenomenon and providing communications support to the
          US Army.

          From: Albert LaFrance <ALaFrance@...>

        • Hooligan@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 11, 1999
            > From: "MONIX" <monix@...>
            >
            > I cannot remember the exact wording but it was somthing like doing research
            > on electromagnectic phenomenon and providing communications support to the
            > US Army.

            So in other words, you don't know, or don't want to say...

            ASA has some alumni groups, & I'm in the process of contacting them to
            see if any of them have some useful historical info on the site, and might
            the INSCOM Command Historian at Ft Huachuca.

            I'll report my findings back to this list.

            Tim
            Detroit, Michigan
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 20, 1999
              Thanks for the info...

              Do you think it was research in the sense of developing new science and
              technology, or did the term "research" also apply to actual SIGINT
              operations and other intelligence-collection activities?

              ...Albert

              Message text written by INTERNET:coldwarcomms@onelist.com
              >From: "MONIX" <monix@...>
              >
              >I cannot remember the exact wording but it was somthing like doing
              research
              >on electromagnectic phenomenon and providing communications support to the
              >US Army.
            • MONIX
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 21, 1999
                Well both would be a good guess.