USACE Norfolk FUDS Reports

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 1999
      Yesterday I received the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Norfolk District's
      "Formerly Used Defense Sites" (FUDS) CD-ROM, which contains scanned images
      of Inventory Project Reports (INPRs) produced by the District's Engineering
      Division.

      The purpose of the reports is to document possible health, safety, and
      environmental hazards at properties being disposed of by DoD, but they're
      useful for our research because some of them identify installations which
      we would otherwise probably not know about.

      Browsing through the reports, I found about 10 which may relate to Cold
      War-era C3I facilities. I'll post separate summaries of these, and get the
      actual reports online as soon as possible.

      ...Albert