Re: TV alert (US) - Tues. 11/9

  • Joe Stevens
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 1999
      Very timely, Albert. Thanks.
      I just visited the National Cryptological Museum
      at Ft. Meade MD. Ran into Phil Bochicchio who built the BOMBE
      decoder in the USA and another person who worked at Bletchley.
      You can actually operate an Enigma that is on display.
      I highly recommended this museum.
      The four rotor naval Enigma had approximately
      2 x 10 to the 145th power possible codes. There were many
      variations of the Enigma.

      http://www.nsa.gov:8080/museum/
      http://webhome.idirect.com/~jproc/crypto/index.html
      http://www.ptialaska.net/~jstevens/enigma/index.html