TV alert (US) - Tues. 11/9

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 1999
      Tomorrow's edition of PBS's "Nova" science series will be a two-hour
      documentary titled "Decoding Nazi Secrets", about the work of British
      cryptanalysts in solving the Enigma cipher.

      ...Albert
    • Joe Stevens
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 1999
        Very timely, Albert. Thanks.
        I just visited the National Cryptological Museum
        at Ft. Meade MD. Ran into Phil Bochicchio who built the BOMBE
        decoder in the USA and another person who worked at Bletchley.
        You can actually operate an Enigma that is on display.
        I highly recommended this museum.
        The four rotor naval Enigma had approximately
        2 x 10 to the 145th power possible codes. There were many
        variations of the Enigma.

        http://www.nsa.gov:8080/museum/
        http://webhome.idirect.com/~jproc/crypto/index.html
        http://www.ptialaska.net/~jstevens/enigma/index.html