Re: AT&T Atlanta

  • CLDWARHIST@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 1999
      ALaFrance@... writes:

      << Thanks for the description. Is this the facility which has a microwave
      link going NNE to Sawnee Mountain? >>
      Thats correct..also pointing roughly to the southeast and southwest (didnt
      have a copmass and the security guard in the parking lot was looking at me).
      Oh well im thinkin bout dressin up in a suit sometime soon and goin to take a
      visit to the Center...ill have to sign the guest book and give my ID
      (according to the sign outside the building) but oh well...maybe I should
      sign "Serbian Spy"?

      George
    • Matthew Sadler, KF4LHP
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 1999
        CLDWARHIST@... wrote:

        > From: CLDWARHIST@...
        >
        > Went to the Urban AT&T Site to mope around today...Its quite impressive. The
        > microwave dishes (and 2 satellite dishes) are located higher then ive ever
        > seen, because of the skyscrapers (otherwise its a very small building).
        > Security is also tight, with video cameras all over the place, gated parking,
        > and things hanging outside of the building that can best be described as
        > little black balls about 1 1/2 feet diameter, made of plastic? They are
        > somewhat transparent and I did not see any cameras inside. Interestingly,
        > Bell South has a office adjacent to the AT&T facility and the two are
        > protected by the same fence and appear to be connected to each other? I got
        > a few pictures and I'll have them developed soon

        Look forward to seeing the pictures.

        Got an address or anything like that? I'll see what I can dig up on
        microwave licenses to see where the paths go.
        --
        Matthew, KF4LHP ICQ: 6280641
        Web: http://www.qsl.net/kf4lhp/ EMail: kf4lhp@...
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 1999
          In a message dated 4/10/99 4:50:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kf4lhp@...
          writes:

          << Got an address or anything like that? I'll see what I can dig up on
          microwave licenses to see where the paths go. >>
          Stupid me didnt copy the address written in nice big letters on the building
          but I have this address from Albert LaFrance:
          AT&T COMMUNICATIONS OF VIRGINIA INC
          PAMELA D CHEEKS
          1200 PEACHTREE ST
          ATLANTA, GA 30309