Re: AT&T Atlanta

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 1999
      George,

      Thanks for the description. Is this the facility which has a microwave
      link going NNE to Sawnee Mountain?

      Tight security seems to be the norm at AT&T and regional Bell buildings.
      I think the black balls you saw are CCTV camera housings. Check out:

      http://www.sensormatic-products.com/ADDeltaOutdoor/index.htm

      ...Albert
    • CLDWARHIST@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 1999
        ALaFrance@... writes:

        << Thanks for the description. Is this the facility which has a microwave
        link going NNE to Sawnee Mountain? >>
        Thats correct..also pointing roughly to the southeast and southwest (didnt
        have a copmass and the security guard in the parking lot was looking at me).
        Oh well im thinkin bout dressin up in a suit sometime soon and goin to take a
        visit to the Center...ill have to sign the guest book and give my ID
        (according to the sign outside the building) but oh well...maybe I should
        sign "Serbian Spy"?

        George
      • Matthew Sadler, KF4LHP
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 1999
          CLDWARHIST@... wrote:

          > From: CLDWARHIST@...
          >
          > Went to the Urban AT&T Site to mope around today...Its quite impressive. The
          > microwave dishes (and 2 satellite dishes) are located higher then ive ever
          > seen, because of the skyscrapers (otherwise its a very small building).
          > Security is also tight, with video cameras all over the place, gated parking,
          > and things hanging outside of the building that can best be described as
          > little black balls about 1 1/2 feet diameter, made of plastic? They are
          > somewhat transparent and I did not see any cameras inside. Interestingly,
          > Bell South has a office adjacent to the AT&T facility and the two are
          > protected by the same fence and appear to be connected to each other? I got
          > a few pictures and I'll have them developed soon

          Look forward to seeing the pictures.

          Got an address or anything like that? I'll see what I can dig up on
          microwave licenses to see where the paths go.
          --
          Matthew, KF4LHP ICQ: 6280641
          Web: http://www.qsl.net/kf4lhp/ EMail: kf4lhp@...
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 1999
            In a message dated 4/10/99 4:50:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kf4lhp@...
            writes:

            << Got an address or anything like that? I'll see what I can dig up on
            microwave licenses to see where the paths go. >>
            Stupid me didnt copy the address written in nice big letters on the building
            but I have this address from Albert LaFrance:
            AT&T COMMUNICATIONS OF VIRGINIA INC
            PAMELA D CHEEKS
            1200 PEACHTREE ST
            ATLANTA, GA 30309