MCI Tower

  • rnepereny
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2003
      Hello all. I'm new here and i've read most of the posts here, most
      the stuff seems to revolve around the AT&T sites. For some odd
      reason i've inherited this strange facsination, because of a tower I
      grew up looking at... every day for 21 years and wondering what is it
      there for? What does it do? Why has it been there so many years,
      when I watched antennas appear and disappear in a matter of years,
      this one has remained. My curiosity had gotten the best of me and I
      searched it out, was very difficult to get to.

      It belongs to MCI, looking it up in the FCC database shows this tower
      to be part of a big network, spanning hundreds of miles. It shows
      this is the "Glenshaw" tower, but its actually located in Gibsonia,
      PA.

      40 37 16.17N
      79 53 37.06W

      I guess i'm curious to know if anyone else is familiar with this site
      or has any info about it.