AT&T Jackie Jones Mountain specification index

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
      I've scanned and posted the index of the Completed Specifications files
      compiled by the AT&T personnel at Jackie Jones. These documents describe
      various projects completed at the station between 1946 and 1984. In the
      future I'll be posting some of the more interesting specs, but in the
      meantime if you're curious about any of the items in the index, just let me
      know and I'll look up the details.

      The index is in the "Documents" section of my Jackie Jones page:
      http://longlines.addr.com/places-routes/Jackie_Jones/index.html#documents

      Albert
    • Matthew Sadler
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
        I noticed on Index #14 (see
        http://longlines.addr.com/places-routes/Jackie_Jones/CS/I-14.html )
        that there is a listing near the top for "Mobile Radio System" - this one
        might be interesting, especially given the recent thread about the TMRS.

        --mws
        http://www.scanchattanooga.com/telweb/

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Albert LaFrance" <lafrance@w...>
          wrote:
          > I've scanned and posted the index of the Completed Specifications
          files
          > compiled by the AT&T personnel at Jackie Jones. These documents
          describe
          > various projects completed at the station between 1946 and 1984. In
          the
          > future I'll be posting some of the more interesting specs, but in
          the
          > meantime if you're curious about any of the items in the index, just
          let me
          > know and I'll look up the details.
          >
          > The index is in the "Documents" section of my Jackie Jones page:

          http://longlines.addr.com/places-routes/Jackie_Jones/index.html#docume
          nts

          > Albert

          Glad someone saved this archive..lots of nostalga in the test
          sets,equipment,etc...i think the Wilcox radio was for FAA;the other
          "mobile radio" mentioned could have been maintenance or gov't.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
            I've uploaded a couple of interesting documents from that project file,
            including pictorial diagrams of the system: